Failed comms audit and monitoring
When comms (email, SMS or mail merge docs) failure rates go over a certain threshold, the Advorto team will now be notified and will be able to contact clients to advise them to address issues where there is a problem with a particular template, user or candidate account (e.g. due to an invalid sender or recipient email address, etc.).
In addition, on the Settings page, there is a Failed Email/SMS section allowing clients to review a list of all failed comms and to take appropriate action where required.
Note that the failed comms reporting is only able to report up to the point the comms leaves the Advorto system, so if an email address is in a valid format, but no mailbox actually exists for it, the system will not know this - the failed email bounceback will come back to the address that the email was sent from.
Causes of failed comms
The common causes of failed comms are:
- Invalid From email address in a global identity
- Invalid To email address (candidate email is invalid)
- Invalid To email address - emails to users (User email is invalid)
- Invalid To email address - emails to agents (Agent email is invalid)
- Invalid From email address in a personal identity
- SMS send from details on a global identity is blank (usually client name)
- SMS send from details on a personal identity is blank (usually client name)
- Invalid merge field in email, SMS or mail merge doc content
The failed comms audit trail will allow you to spot trends very easily to identify what the problem actually is.
- If all emails to a particular candidate are failing, check the candidate's email address
- If all emails to a particular user are failing, check the user's email address
- If a particular email/SMS/Mail merge template is always failing, check the merge fields in the template
- If all SMS sent from a particular user are failing, check the user's identity has the "SMS send from" field filled in