This is a feature available to Super Users only. If you are not a Super User, you should speak to one of your local Super Users to discuss the change. They may then action the request on your behalf.
The Advorto system allows classifier lists to be enabled in self-service mode. Classifier lists are used for all vacancy and requisition fields with a fixed list of options, as well as for classifying candidates for job alerts, registration of interest profiles, speculative application profiles or the talent bank.
N.B. Configuration changes are only possible when there are no other outstanding changes currently on your Test or Staging systems, so you may see a message warning that you are currently unable to make changes. Wait until all outstanding changes have been published prior to making your change.
Making changes to classifiers (Super Users only)
- Go to the Settings page in the Backoffice
- Under the "Your system" heading, click the Manage classifiers option
- Click Edit items for the classifier you want to make a change to
- To rename an existing option, click Edit item
- To delete an option, click Delete item
- To add a new option, click Add item
- If deleting an option, you will be prompted to select one of the remaining options to which you want any existing data to be migrated to
- Double check the change you've made and review the points in the above section
- Contact Advorto Support for advice if you're not 100% certain about what you are doing
- Click Save when you're done and you'll see a message box appear at the top of the screen with Rollback and Commit buttons - noone else can make changes (including Advorto) whilst this message appears for you
- Make any further configuration changes as required
- Once you're ready, click the green Commit button at the top of the screen to commit all your changes or click Rollback if you change your mind and want to revert everything to how it was before
- It may take up to a minute or more to publish your configuration changes through to all systems (Test, Staging and Live). Don't close your browser window or navigation away until the "In progress" message has gone
- All system configuration changes are logged and audited - see Settings > Your changes
Things to know and watch out for when editing classifier options
- When adding or renaming an option, always check that the option you are adding or renaming to doesn't already exist in the list.
- Do not include any leading or trailing spaces - double check this by clicking your cursor at the end of the text you've entered prior to saving.
- Editing lists with the pipe symbol in:
e.g Level 1 | Level 2
This is the format used for cascading drop-down lists and the exact format of this type of list is important. Take care to include a single space either side of the pipe character.
- When adding or editing options for cascading drop-down lists, make sure you don't enter invalid entries.
e.g. If a list already has an entry for A | 1 | *, where * is anything else (may be a single option or multiple options with different third levels), you can't add a new option for just A | 1 (or rename an existing option to this) as this option would never be displayed due the the third level selection always being required.
- Editing lists which include an "Other", "...(Please select)" or similar options. Whenever you see text such as this in either the Text or the Value, it is highly likely that the option may be used to show/hide additional field(s) to request further details. Check with Advorto Support if you're not sure what you are doing.
- When deleting classifier options, you will be required to select a remaining option to which any data classified with the option you are deleting will be migrated to. The system will automatically migrate any data for you, but you should double check that you select the right option as this can NOT be undone, once the data is migrated.
- If you have a multi-lingual system and the classifier is used on candidate-facing pages as well, notify Advorto Support of the changes/additions you've made and provide the required translations so these may be added/updated as well.
Why isn't the list I want to change available for editing?
There are three possible reasons for this:
- You're not a Super User. Speak to your local Super User for advice.
- This feature is enabled on a per-classifier basis and the feature may not be turned on for the classifier you want to change. Speak to Advorto Support if the classifier you want to make a change to is not available.
- Some classifiers have system logic based on them (e.g. to show or hide other fields; or used in candidate process queries). Where this is the case, Advorto may advise that the classifier is not enabled as self-service to ensure that changes made by clients do not break other associated configuration. In this case, you will be required to raise a CR with Advorto to make the required change instead to ensure that all associated configuration may be updated at the same time.