In order to change candidate’s details please follow those steps:
1) Log in to the back office
2) Go to Candidates tab
3) Click on List of People sub menu. List of people shows all registrations regardless of the application status. If the person does not exist on this list it means they have never made the registration on the system (this section is preference controlled so make sure you have the right preference selected)
4) Using the global search (top right corner) please locate your candidate
- Please use email address as there can only ever be 1 registration with the same email address
- If using first name/surname please check you have located the right registration (double check email address)
- Candidates register their details with spelling mistakes, if no results come up please try searching for shorter version e.g. Josh vs. Joshua - search for Josh in case the spelling was Joshau
- Check for name variations e.g. Jimmy vs. Jame
IMPORTANT: Please make sure you have located the right candidate - you may update details for another person inadvertently.
5) Once the candidate is located please open up the Edit person page - the icon (usually a grey pencil icon) is located against each record on the right hand side of the screen
6) On the edit page you can change all the basic details including:
- Email address
- Set password
7) Once the data is changed please make sure you click Save or Change password button - this is essential as without confirming the action the password/details will not be changed
8) Click Save and Close button at the bottom of the page
9) You can now inform the candidate of the change
As a good practice Advorto advises to provide the exact details to the candidate in the following format e.g.
- LOGIN LINK: yourcareerssite.co.uk/login.aspx
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- PASSWORD: (temporary password just set-up)
The candidate will be able to reset the password once logged in. They can always request a new password on the login page.
I cannot see the options mentioned above. What do I need to do do?
You may be in a security group without access to this area - please contact your HR team to allow you more access.