Vacancy fields – impact on reporting and the careers website
Many of the fields on the vacancy page are important as they may be:
- used in Management information reports
- visible to candidates on the careers website
Care should be taken to ensure information is entered correctly.
IMPORTANT: Pay particular attention to:
* Free text fields – e.g. salary – ensure the data is entered in a consistent format as per your house style and reporting requirements
* Fields used to categorise a vacancy for searching on the careers website – is the vacancy categorised correctly so candidates can find it easily?
* Fields used to display information about the vacancy on the website – double check for errors in spelling and confirm that the format and content is all consistent with your house style
* Fields used in management information reports – if data is not entered or entered inconsistently, the reports will not be accurate