When making changes to the candidate workflow (e.g. adding/renaming or removing folders), there are a number of things that need to be considered, as there are several areas of configuration which may be impacted by changes to the candidate workflow/folders. Changes to the candidate workflow/folders should therefore generally NOT be considered a trivial change.
Here's a checklist of things to think about when raising change requests associated with the candidate workflow:
- Are there any existing processes which need to be amended to take account of the workflow change? Note that this may not just be processes associated directly with the folder(s) in question, e.g. consider Candidate withdrawn, Reinstate application, which processes need to be available in which folders, etc.
- Are there any queries used in processes which reference folder names which need to be updated as a result of new, amended or deleted folder(s)?
- Are any new processes required associated with the workflow change? e.g. To move candidates into/out of a new folder, etc.
- Is the change in an area of the workflow involved with self-scheduling and use of the Interviews/Assessments module? e.g. Does a folder need to be selected/removed in the Assessments module configuration? Should any assessment-related actions take place as a result of a candidate being moved to the workflow stage, i.e. slot cancelled/confirmed/completed, etc.
- Is the change in an area of the workflow related to any Marketplace-related activity (such as online tests, video interviews, referencing, etc.)?
- Are any updates required to the User/HM portal as a result of the change to the workflow? e.g. Should Managers have access to see candidates in a new folder? Do any candidate menu options and associated lists need to be added/amended?
- Is the change in an area of the workflow associated with a candidate top-up form? e.g. A new top-up form (and associated processes) may need to be defined or the folders associated with an existing top-up form may need to be amended.
- Are any changes required for the options in any outcome field(s) on candidate outcome/feedback forms or candidate/user top-up form pages associated with the workflow change?
- Are any new candidate feedback/outcome forms or candidate/user top-up form pages required associated with the workflow change? Requirements for these will need to be fully defined.
- Does the "Next steps" function need to be updated to take account of the workflow change? e.g. Does any existing logic need to be updated to take account of a folder name change? Which page do you want users to get taken to when they click "Next steps" in a new folder?
- Are any changes required to "Process buttons" on any outcome/feedback forms or candidate/user top-up form pages as a result of the change? e.g. Buttons may need to be added, removed or amended.
- Does any guidance text that appears on any pages need to be updated?
- Is there any show/hide logic on any form pages which references folder names to show/hide content, fields or buttons, which may need to be added or updated?
- If removing a workflow step, what do you want to happen to any candidates who are currently in that folder?
- If removing a workflow step, what do you want to happen to historical data? i.e. The audit trails for candidates who have ever been in that folder.
- What message should candidates see for their status in the candidate portal when they are in the folder?
- Do any Backoffice views need amending or creating as a result of the workflow change?
- Who is going to test the change? This should include a full review of the candidate process from before the area of change to after it and cater for content/actions available within the candidate portal (e.g. Withdraw application) as well as User/HM portal activity.
Please ensure that you provide as much information as possible and cover off all relevant points from the above checklist when defining your request to make a change to the candidate workflow.
Please note that we can not guarantee that change requests in this area will be covered by your standard support agreement. Clients and partners may require some consultancy to firstly fully assess the impact of a workflow change as well as assistance to complete and test the necessary configuration changes.